AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

i appreciate coup loading the bases
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

garvo
Posted 3/9/2019 19:40 (#7370161 - in reply to #7368765)
Subject: RE: i appreciate coup loading the bases

western iowa,by Denison
idalivered - 3/9/2019 07:42

I read and reread a lot of the conversations regarding crop insurance. when I get my actual ppremium cost, good chance that I will use coups advice.

My problem is the cost to tax payers for the whole thing. I get taxpayer subsidized crop insurance but everyone should not have taxpayer subsidized health insurance?? Its no wonder the government is broke. Who is getting subsidized?? The farmer? The insurance company? The banker? The landlord? Ill guess with you.

My opinion (stated here several times) is the only crop insurance option should be the old multi-peril "yield guarantee". With multiperil you are insured on just your history. Not the other producers in the county. The revenue protection is just to good to be true. everybody wins. Maybe rma's goal is to offer so many different prducts that the insurance exposure is less. My other suggestion comes from a months ago agtalk discussion. Everyone can get the subsidized protection on say the first 20% of your acres or an arbitrary number like 400 acres. after that no insurance and we're on our own.
You can opt out and pay for the insurance your self with no subsidy from the government, it happens when you can not stay in compliance-I qualified for equip money to build cattle buildings and never took any-was more then $200,000-the crop insurance alone with no government help is around$20 more-man up pay your own way if it bothers you
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)