AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Harvestore Rental for Grain
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 1/13/2019 17:11 (#7242827 - in reply to #7242669)
Subject: RE: Harvestore Rental for Grain

southern MN
Typically a person can rend a bare bin for about a dime a bushel a year doesn’t matter how much or how long you use it, just flat fee. Sometimes modest electricity is included, if fans or a very nice loading/unloading is included that would be added on or billed out for electric use separate.

If you search on here for Harveststore grain, you will find quite a few discussions over the years.

They are slender and tall, so don’t relate to drying or air movement well at all. At the least they need more air pressure and electricity.

The panels are overlapped to the outside and an old less used one could have leakage issues, the seams funnel water into the bin as water runs down the side. Check it when empty during or right after a rain inside.

Loading and unloading is often a bit difficult, as it is cobbled or added on. Location might be poor too.

The blue color might create some odd hot and cold winter issues in a northern climate with sunshine.

With all that, it’s nice to reuse and have value in a building on the property, but when looking to rent it I would be looking very carefully and below the common low rental rate?

I would expect to have to pay electricity extra for the type of drying you wish to do, if it’s a good floor and big fan that would maybe up the flat rate worth as well. To do a good job those tall structures need a stronger floor and a bigger fan. If it’s a coiled tube and a smallish fan I’d be a little worried about getting any moisture movement.

My thoughts are coming from what I have read here in two decades, so value what I’m saying for what it cost you!

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)