AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Harvestore Rental for Grain
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Conan the Farmer
Posted 1/13/2019 15:53 (#7242669)
Subject: Harvestore Rental for Grain

South Central Iowa
Neighbor has a converted Harvestore that he said he would rent out if I were interested for the 2019 crop. It has a ventilation tube, vents, and he says it holds 15,000 bushel. I would probably want to put soybeans in it. I have really become accustomed to harvesting at 15% in the morning and they are 11-12% at dusk. This has worked great in my modern grain bins with fans. They have come out at 12%-13% for the three years we have been doing it. Questions:

1) Would a Harvestore with ventilation handle this layering of soybeans, with moistures from 11%-15%, that I like to do?

2) What would be a fair rental rate? I plan on having everything out by March, so 4 months of storage, and the bins have to be vacuumed.

3) If I rent at a set number of cents per bushel, do I pay for the electricity too, or is that part of my rent? Same question applies for actual grain bins. When you guys rent one, do you pay a rent for the bin and pay for the electricity separately?

4) I thought about including "repairs are the responsibility of the lessor, with exceptions for abuse or neglect" or something to that effect; how are repairs handled in a bin rental arrangement?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)