AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dental work in Mexico?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 1/6/2019 10:09 (#7224227 - in reply to #7224185)
Subject: RE: Dental work in Mexico?

Chebanse, IL.....

But....if the dentists are often American, as claimed by some in this thread, what successful, practicing dentist would not want malpractice insurance? I assume the malpractice insurance is needed to protect the profession, not the customer. I would guess if you're the world's greatest acclaimed dentist, someone is going to claim life-threatening or disfiguring symptoms from misplaced local anesthetics...or something like that. The patient is going to sue the American Dr working in Mexico, or working in Antarctica. If dentists tout "no insurance...none needed", I doubt that would make me comfortable. Imagine whatever procedure you were about to hire, whether it was for organ surgery, dental work, or getting an engine overhauled, if the sign on the front door read, "We have NO insurance....you are on your own....", would most people continue? If insurance costs are cut, what else is?

Do not mistake my statements. I do think that malpractice insurances & ABUSES needs to be continually assessed. 

I'm not sure about rent & payroll. I know of dentists with minimal staff & basic surroundings. Their prices are not significantly different. The costs suggested in this thread make it sound as if the gentleman from Canada would well make it worth his while to travel to Mexico. I live in the middle of nowhere & it's only 7-10 miles to 20 different dental offices. I can travel there for $5-10. How much to go from Canada to Mexico?

Ironically, one of the top known Orthodontists in this area was Cuban, though long ago US citizenized.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)