AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Urea going up, beans are worthless.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

carlsoncl
Posted 9/19/2018 20:38 (#6997636 - in reply to #6997144)
Subject: RE: Urea going up, beans are worthless.

Beresford, SD
Ddgs don't have near the energy (fat) of raw soybeans, add that. Ddgs don't have near the amino acid structure of raw soybeans, add that in. Raw soybeans don't need any freight, in a bin on my farm ready to feed, and that in. I was hoping you'd chime in. My neighbor, friend, fellow farmer feeder, nutritionist.....yes he's educated......and I have been discussing. He's going to start feeding raw soys the second the combine starts rolling, I respect his thoughts! He states, and I agree. DDGS are way over priced, urea is getting higher and the farmer is not getting what the true value of soybeans have to us farmer feeders. Plus feeding soybeans would waive a middle finger in the air to the feed guy (sorry), the eplant, and most of all the rediculous bid we are receiving for a product that has way more value to us feeders than it does selling and converting to dollars. He figures with protein (soluable protein...which is horrible in DDGS, and amino acid structure), eliminating the need for urea, fat......replaces a lot of the energy requirements way more than sawdust or DDGS, zero freight, zero cash exchange.......beans show a net value in the ration of close to 10 dollars per bushel in the bin ready to feed. Prove us wrong, let's see some math.

Edited by carlsoncl 9/19/2018 20:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)