AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to regain our half of an abandoned railroad right of way
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

gfd_703
Posted 4/19/2018 15:48 (#6719754 - in reply to #6716801)
Subject: RE: How to regain our half of an abandoned railroad right of way

First let me say I applaud your extended efforts to get this settled in a legal matter.

If I understand correctly. The RR property divides your and your neighbors property. The neighbor bought property reaching to the middle of the RR line years ago. His deed shows his ownership of said property. Your deed shows you owning to the edge of the RR right of way. The area in question is the land between the edge of your field and the center line of the former RR. This land is proving difficult to establish ownership. Obviously you do not own it currently and obviously neither does you neighbor. So at the present time neither of you have any right to use this property.
although you both have adverse possession of some of the property. Going to court and fighting over land that neither party owns will most likely get both of you kicked off. Me being how I am would probably plow over into his yard an equal amount to how far he mowed into your field. Won't solve anything, most likely make it worse but it could create an understanding as to what is acceptable. Hope you get it purchased soon.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)