AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fieldview cab margin map
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

AVP_Matt
Posted 10/5/2017 12:45 (#6289223 - in reply to #6288316)
Subject: RE: Fieldview cab margin map

Hennepin, IL
Margin, as displayed on the 20/20 is just a function of the downforce readings on the whole planter. Margin is simply the lowest downforce reading on the planter, averaged over the last 3 seconds. It was put on there to give an operator something to control to since trying to control to the many downforce readings would be difficult. In reality, it's a dumbed down reading to allow easier adjustment for Airforce. That said, you won't get a row by row map of margin since it's one reading for the entire planter. Onto farmer's being cheap and only adding 5 weigh pins to a planter. Have you actually added more than 5 to a planter with AirForce? If not, do that and report back. What we found was that while it gave you a better idea of the variance between rows, it actually caused the grower to have to run higher margin just to maintain ground contact since the row to row variance was so great. I know you're on this crusade to make AirForce perform like a hydraulic system, but there's a reason air systems have been pushed aside for hydraulic. Trust me there have been much smarter people than you and I try to fix the limitations of an air system.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)