AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fieldview cab margin map
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

AVP_Matt
Posted 10/8/2017 13:50 (#6295196 - in reply to #6294998)
Subject: RE: Fieldview cab margin map

Hennepin, IL
I'll agree, I think downforce management is definitely more of a case by case basis. I wish I could've gotten more plots out the last 2 years but by the time planters start rolling I get awfully busy just keeping everyone happy. Had one out in 2015 that had a lot of things going against it and still showed a positive return. I ended up not doing anything with the data, but it's been encouraging. Now for example at home we just have a stock 1200 with springs and as long as we're in worked ground, I can get close to 95% good downforce on the 20/20 with just the springs. On the flipside, I had a customer that took off airforce with lift bags to put on deltaforce. The problems he was having is he's 100% strip till, but due to trees, has to manually drive a lot of the headlands. Both with the strip till bar and with the planter. This results in him being off the strip more than on in those instances. Air force never stood a chance in keeping up with the changes, so we both felt deltaforce was a good investment. So like I said definitely a case by case basis, I tend to push deltaforce more as a good insurance policy in strip or no till, than necessarily a guaranteed return, if that makes sense.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)