AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hours farmers work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

redoak
Posted 7/29/2017 06:45 (#6155117 - in reply to #6151554)
Subject: Let's be honest

sw ontario
ndsu84 - 7/27/2017 08:14

In the salary post below someone brought up how few hours farmers work.

I don't see that around here. Guys here work 50 hours a week in winter and 100 in the summer.

Our local spray guy goes over before 6am and after 9:30 pm. I know a few friends who haven't taken more than a few hours off since April.

Where is this fantasy land where farmers work 2 months a year?

I don't think working 100 hrs. a week is something to be proud of and really,in all honesty What farm work does a cash cropper do all winter for 50 hrs. a week? Not trying to be a prixk but hrs. are often over stated...Thud had good points and someone mentioned a work app..... Yrs. ago a hog farmer/banker who lost his Son was written up in SF mag. and he said everyone should take some time and mark down true workig hrs., and time drinking coffee,BS ing at co-op ,ect. to get true hrs. worked...and that was before NAT & internet.......if you have to work 100 hrs. all summer and 50 hrs. all winter maybe you need to find another occupation as it would seem pretty unfair to spouse and family and even your community........just a comment on your spray guy working from 6-9:30 every day,does it never rain there or wind blow? Personally I see guys working 6 day shifts in factories on assembly line as hard workers....life is not all about work ,which often we don't fihure out until too late in life...take to-morrow off and enjoy it,you still will have 85 hrs. in
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)