AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hours farmers work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

cih1660
Posted 7/29/2017 05:38 (#6155065 - in reply to #6154782)
Subject: RE: Hours farmers work

WI
puma - 7/28/2017 21:10

cih1660 - 7/28/2017 09:35

puma - 7/28/2017 09:12

cih1660 - 7/27/2017 10:01

Most people with town jobs are not working 7 days a week. They have plenty of time to now their lawns on their day off. Being a dairy farmer there's no such thing as getting holidays off even with employees. If you want to keep them happy, you'll have to give them that time off.

I have a few friends who work town jobs who go to the campground every weekend. I used to visit them but, swore it off after spending too many nights sitting around the campfire listening to them bellyache how hard they had it at work even though they were able to be pulling the camper to the site at 3pm Friday afternoon and have nothing to worry about til Monday morning.

I think you are comparing to the wrong person. You aren't the employee on your farm, you are the owner. I bet the owner of that whatever business in town is doing what needs to be done to make the business work.

In high school I waitered for a bar/grill. They took deliveries in the morning, made food all afternoon getting ready for the evening rush/specials, and stayed there until last call when it closed. They did it themselves because they didn't want to pay someone all day. I showed up at 5pm and left at 11pm.

employer vs. employee

It was not too many years ago that I was the employee of the same farm. I worked like a dog for my dad then. Now I work like a dog for myself.

If it is the same farm, it sounds like you were working for yourself then too, you just don't understand that.

It is amazing you have time to respond this much when you are working so much like a "dog," but I suppose this is considered customer relations.

Never heard of smart phones? I didn't realize that it was illegal to respond to a dumb post while checking irrigation systems.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)