AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hours farmers work
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaCenturyFarm
Posted 7/27/2017 08:36 (#6151751 - in reply to #6151554)
Subject: RE: Hours farmers work

I'm assuming that you're talking about my comment, as it was the only one mentioning farmers' workload. You missed the point entirely. I didn't say, and don't think, that farmers don't work hard or put in lots of hours. I'm saying that the guys that talk about working 365 days per year make it sound like they're putting in a full day, all day, every day when that is very rarely the case. Almost everyone I know with livestock does have to work most days. A lot have hired help to give themselves some time off. Even if they don't, most don't do anything other than chores on Sundays and sometimes on Saturdays as well. That is not the same thing as a full work day. They also have the freedom to take the afternoon off and head out fishing or golfing when they are not as busy, and many of them do this. Many of them also mow the lawn and other such duties as part of their work day. When you work in town, all of those types of things occur after hours, or you have to use your vacation time to do them. My point was that the guys spewing off about how easy everyone else has it generally have no clue what they're talking about, similar to the town folk who say similar things about farmers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)