AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming in 2017. Young family. I'm surely not the only one stressed.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

mccoyranch
Posted 7/4/2017 08:55 (#6104762 - in reply to #6090802)
Subject: RE: Farming in 2017. Young family. I'm surely not the only one stressed.

North Central Kansas
Oh, it's tough for guys that have to grind it out on their own without well established family land. I struggle with getting ahead. With all these references to how important your wife and kids are, I sure don't seem to be measured that way. It's all about how much you can get, and I have a good wife and two little girls. Glad to hear you know you should have bought a house or done something about a house. I also like how you now view depreciated assets. This is good you realize that at 30. I wish I could could give you real advice as a man that struggles to grow a farm and raise a family. Just get up and do the next best positive thing you can do. Try to do a good job. Save money when you can. Spend money that returns or saves. Buy equipment that is effective, not expensive. Try to stay away from payments.
A classmate of mine has sold cars for years. He tells me that most of the families close to our age who appear to be doing better, get money from their parents. He sees it cross his desk often. I would not know what that is like. So, when you're trying to make it on your own, keep that in mind and best of luck to you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)