AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Farming in 2017. Young family. I'm surely not the only one stressed.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

redoak
Posted 6/27/2017 20:32 (#6093158 - in reply to #6092097)
Subject: RE: There also is stress on the old

sw ontario
dairyman78 - 6/27/2017 08:32

We have worked hard all of our life to build a nest of eggs and now the return on our equity downright sucks. It makes a person wonder of if a person should move your equity to another place away from production ag. I hate to say this but it's reality.

Dave , just a bit younger than you with a Son farming also and it scares me the capital/operating money it costs to run a farm---Sometimes it really makes you wonder.......on another note there was some posts lately about Fair Oaks Dairy Farm in Indiana---thousands of cows/pigs/chickens,ect. looks/sounds impressive but will that be the end of "family farms".......looks like today you need to either be be big,constantly expanding or operate debt free on a smaller scale with out labor.......Creek Farms--farming or any small business is always a challenge, can be very rewarding or very tiring........Really need too put most profits back into farm/business ....happiness/success is ending the yr. with bills paid and a dollar left....misery is ending yr. and still a dollar short---good luck--keep mentally & physically healthy
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)