AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else concerned about Glyphosate?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

fieldwalker
Posted 7/27/2008 14:40 (#422973)
Subject: Anyone else concerned about Glyphosate?

Millmont, PA
I was sort of wondering if anyone else is concerned about glyphosate efficacy in our rotations. I recently had significant problems with GT technology which opened a whole new page of knowlege for me. Seems a G. S. Johal and D. M. Huber have some compeling work "Glyphosate Effects and Diseases of Plants". I will try to attach it, I was sent it as email and don't know if it is published to the web. In a nut shell the work suggests that increasing use of G has a cummulative effect upon the rhizoshere increasing population of certain disease organisiums including my old freinds Fusarium spp., Takeall in Soybeans and Head scab in wheat. I don't think seed or pesticide industry would support any conclusions drawn in the paper...not just yet. I am trying to make an informed opinion and that is why I ask your distinguished forum. I have significant field observations suggesting micronutrient deficiencies following G applications midseason. I guess it might be our weather, we have had it very dry since May but even after relieving rains I see a lot of fields where overlaps in G application have lead to yellow-behind areas frequently suffering foliar diseases in corn and beans. It seems worse every year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)