AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ok another beginning dairy farmer question??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

deere5010
Posted 8/18/2013 19:36 (#3274718)
Subject: Ok another beginning dairy farmer question??

Nebraska
I know most on here of what they will say to run the other way when u see dairy cows but I've always wanted to dairy farm and I wasn't born into it by any means.

I'm going to make this short but I recently moved to a farm to try and start my own herd and then go own my own. I am able to buy cows or a whole herd and bring them here to get started.

In the mean time a dairy farm has came up close by that would be 50/50 with the owner absent from daily routine. It has enough acreage to make plenty of feed and then farm some on the side.

Now being that I'm just starting out is it worth the effort to get started or just go to town n get a good job I am college educated so a good paying job isn't out of the question. I would still be able to milk part time and be with cows on the farm if I decided on getting a job.

What I'm looking at is its going to take 250k to get in by the time that's paid off and the ball is rolling I'd need to buy my own place again thinking of the future of my kids and then what if they wouldn't be interested and then I'd of worked 30 years for the bank to have something n my kids would be having an auction before I was 6 ft under. Ok fire away !!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)