AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many folks eat Lamb?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

denice.r
Posted 8/8/2013 13:26 (#3255712 - in reply to #3253625)
Subject: RE: How many folks eat Lamb?

south east Indiana
It does not surprise me that answers vary from YUK to YUMMY. I think part of that is due to the breed variety that is the US, nothing about lamb is uniform. Be that age, feed, breed, size ... NO consistency in the product. Unless you buy it direct from a producer you really do not know what you getting.

I think lamb is best med rare or rare and hot. Doesn't keep well I do not think for leftovers. I grill most of mine, but then I fix it for myself and since it is just me I don't get to fancy.

I would not buy lamb to eat that is cooked at the fairs ect, I imagine it would be too done and have been tried to keep it warm.

Those that would like fresh lamb I imagine there is a sheep association in about ever state. Most list producers. There are breed differences as pointed out. I have had a small variety and liked it all as long as it was hot of the grill. I think in general the sheep that are finer wooled with more lanolin have a stronger meat than do other breeds. The hair sheep they say have a milder, sweeter meat. Suppose I will find out when I butcher a couple this fall.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)