AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How many folks eat Lamb?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 8/8/2013 09:20 (#3255320 - in reply to #3253625)
Subject: RE: How many folks eat Lamb?

Southeast Wyoming

denice.r - 8/7/2013 13:38 Just wondering how many of you eat lamb? I never did till I started raising my own and then I suppose it was 6 years or so until I had one of mine butchered. Never had lamb in restraunts or bought from the grocery store. I think most of the lamb in stores is not US lamb. I wonder what is out there, stuff that I see is aweful big cuts of meat, way bigger than would be off a Lamb (under 12 mo old) . I would like to sell more off the farm to folks to butcher but not really sure if the local market is there. I do know fresh lamb is Way better than you get at the grocery. But I do not eat beef from the grocery either. I don't ever see it in the butcher shops either. It is close to time for me to get another couple in the freezer. Makes me hungry for lamb crops on the grill! So if you eat lamb where do you buy it? Is it for special holidays ect?

The livestock auction in Fort Collins, CO has an annual lamb bbq (also beef bbq on a different date) every fall, I believe in September.  That lamb is always excellent and draws a big crowd; it is free, an "appreciation" celebration.

Lamb and mutton can be good if prepared properly from the hoof and to the grill.  That combination does not pull together as often as it should so lamb and mutton have developed the bad reputation represented in this thread.

Yes, I've had food that did not taste good simply because it was not prepared properly; it is less rude to simply blame the raw product.   lol

There is a big ethnic market for lamb.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)