AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

3 Point backhoe, tiling on a budget
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CVA Farm
Posted 4/11/2013 14:11 (#3028072 - in reply to #3027551)
Subject: Re: 3 Point backhoe, tiling on a budget

NE S.Dakota
Thanks Guys, you brought up many points I had not thought of..............spent the morning moving snow!

Breaking a tractor in half? Wow what kind tractor, hope it was not a 656. I have a 706, and never really thought of the park lock problem. Mine slips. the 656 has friction brakes which do lock ok,it also has a loader, that could do light dirt work (pushing it back in the hole) I am sure the hydraulics are not high flow enough to run a backhoe with any speed.

I have a friend who will be working with me, he has an excavator for the big stuff, as yet we don't have a way to tranport it. He has been knocking over trees with that rig.

We don't expect to be digging starts more than 4 feet deep, the yellow clay starts much shallower than that. So I need to be able to get into that clay.

I see some new ones come with a pto pump and most with joy sticks, I guess if a guy bought one, and it did not do the job, there is a market for used.

The actual backhoes I see for sale look pretty beat up, I don't really think I need a cab, but could be wrong.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)