AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why would you DESTROY this tractor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Virginia Veg.
Posted 11/22/2012 19:02 (#2711304 - in reply to #2711128)
Subject: Re: Why would you DESTROY this tractor?

Eastern VA. No such thing as too many Magnums.
I don't care if you take care of yours or trash them. I don't care if you change the oil every 100 hrs or every 1000, makes no difference to me. You started slinging mud about something you don't have facts for. You made a lot of assumptions about the owner and his management style. How do you know he didnt change the oil on time? Maybe thats how he got 14,000 hrs out of them. It could be he owns 25 of those tractors and just traded all of them. He might be a clever guy running a lucrative scraper operation using cheap labor and is turning some serious bucks. Personally, if I changed the oil on all our self propelled machines every 100 hrs, it would cost me 5 digits a year. That would be poor management in my opinion. So we do samples and change them at the correct interval, not cause my daddy did it on his Farmall H. My great granddaddy didn't believe in adding nitrogen or herbicides either, but id be an idiot to follow that legacy. I dont think anyone was mad at you, they were just presenting their point of view, which is what you did. Enjoy your turkey sandwich.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)