AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why would you DESTROY this tractor?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

easymoney
Posted 11/23/2012 06:57 (#2711943 - in reply to #2710691)
Subject: Re: Why would you DESTROY this tractor?

ecmn
a clean 8410 is worth a lot more then 40 grand. if i could afford it i would not be scared to buy it knowing that i am going to probably putting an engine into it and plus about 10 grand of misc.

i just did this with an 8450 john deere. bought it out of the weeds of a local farmer who didnt have time to deal with it. needed tires and an engine along with some hydraulic work. put 4 tires on it this spring along with getting the engine running, still need to overhaul it. but i got a 27k dollar tractor for less then 1/7 of the price. sweat equity. i didnt borrow to buy the tractor, so it owes me nothing. but i could have never gone out and bought a nice 8450 off the lot. this is how this small farmer is going to keep overhead low but still upgrade equipment!!

i change my engine oils at 100-150 hours while the equipment sits over winter the engine is breathing and moisture gets into it. so i like to start out my season on a fresh oil change, then i only put enough hours on the tractors during the season for 1-2 changes. in the big picture the little bit of cost of changing oil a little early isnt even on the radar.

(1028121647_0001.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1028121647_0001.jpg (57KB - 157 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)