AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

just got a sunday morning call from crop insurance guy.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

plowboy
Posted 10/29/2012 13:12 (#2667068 - in reply to #2666804)
Subject: RE: just got a sunday morning call from crop insurance guy.

Brazilton KS

My thoughts about getting upset about being called are pretty simple....if I go into somewhere I don't want my phone to ring, the ringer is turned off.  If somebody calls and I don't want to anwer, I don't answer.  If you call my phone and I answer, that's thats prima facie evidence that I'm willing to talk to you.  If you are someone who is working my crop insurance claim, especially in a busy year such as this, then there's gonna have to be something pretty serious going down to keep me from answering your call.  

I'm not one of those good farmers who thinks anyone who doesn't get up at 5:00 am...I'm more apt to still be up then getting up.... so it's not real likely I will call at 7:30 most times, but I am liable to call at evening hours that some will get upset about.  If I was going to try to look at something that day, I would probably call at 7:30 rather then 9:00 because I would expect people to more likely be getting up and ready at 7:30 and to be in church at 9.    It's kind of different now with the internet becoming the primary medium, but back when print ads were the medium and the High Plains Journal came out in Saturday's mail, if you saw something you wanted to buy you'd better have been on the road by 7:30 Sunday morning or else it would be sold before you got to it.  Back when we chased machinery a lot more, and before I realized that contrary to what some here say, it's not impossible to buy stuff without driving to see it first,  I made a lot of early morning or overnight trips on the weekend to catch sales which were advertised in Saturday's paper.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)