AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

just got a sunday morning call from crop insurance guy.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 10/29/2012 06:48 (#2666614 - in reply to #2666250)
Subject: Re: just got a sunday morning call from crop insurance guy.

Chebanse, IL.....

SteveMIFarmer,

I'll assume you realize that not everyone agrees with your feeling that farming is NOT a 7 day/week job, except for the caveats you designate. So then, you have to figure out if you're in a majority, or a minority with your ideals. But, it doesn't matter really, if your ideals are not to work, that's fine.

I'm certainly no religous expert, but when I was in basic & AIT training in the Army in '68, we (not sure of definition of "we") were given Sundays off from work duties while SDAs (Seventh Day Adventists) were made to work the Sunday duties, but were given Saturday off, per their beliefs. Having never been further than 10 mis from home my first 19 yrs of life, I had never heard of an SDA, but I thought that was a pretty neat rule the Army had.

I'm absolutely sure a few will disagree w/me from their personal viewpoint, but in this area of NE IL, farming IS apparently  a 7 day/week work job. We do have some local ag businesses that do NOT do business on Sunday, but they advertise that fact & make it a point in their communications, since it is an exception "here". Yes, we also have some in ag machinery sales locally that advertise "no Sunday calls, please...". Why would anyone not honor their wishes?

But, as to the original poster, my question might be, what involvement of yours did he need other than your "OK"? Do the farmers that absolutely will not work on Sundays, nor tolerate it, condemn the waitress @ their local restaurant after church? I obviously don't know the bible, which people does it say are OK to work on Sunday? Is there a list of some type?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)