AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stock trailers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

mmaddox
Posted 9/22/2012 13:30 (#2603768 - in reply to #2603573)
Subject: Re: Stock trailers

Look at the parts and workmanship. Sealed lights and wiring is a must. Anyone using a Skotch-lok connector should be avoided at all costs. Check wiring for gromments and clips. Check the quality of the coupler. Axle brand and rating will make a difference. Same for tires and rims. Look over the gate hinges and attachment method, as well as the latches. Pay attention to easy of cleaning and crevices. Note the ventilation options and ease of covering/adjusting them.
Size is also a question. Unless hauling only sheep or hogs, six and a half feet tall would be the least. I would only have eight feet wide trailers, but seven feet would be the least.
As to type, a gooseneck will pull and load better, and would be my choice, unless the truck requires a bumper pull. As others have said, aluminum would be the better choice if the cost and need can make that work. Brands are a personal choice, however I would look at Alum-line, Featherweight, Eby, and Wilson to start as they are probably the leaders. Even then, people will have disputes with these.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)