AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Modular Homes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

nelsongraves
Posted 6/28/2012 21:53 (#2455540 - in reply to #2455459)
Subject: Re: Modular Homes

I have a modular home, the quality of our home is superior to that of any home, that local contractors would have built us. The r value was higher with our modular home than any local contractor wanted to build, with foil lined sheetrock, and osb sheeting on both sides of wall studs, quiterock on the interior walls. Two layers of 3/4" tounge and groove subfloor. When I asked local contractors to include these materials in their bids, they got a deer in headlight look. I did have local contractors build the attached garage, Wood got delivered, it layed on the wet ground during 2" rain event, then it warped, then they put osb on walls,, then osb on roof then another 2 day rain event. If they sold modular garages thats what I would want. The only negative to our modular home, is that we are taxed at a higher value than a similiar sized stick built home, built during the same summer. I asked assesor why mine was higher, as the other stick built was outfitted with higher priced amenities, he said amenities are for looks, quality built is forever.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)