AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sixth grader commits suicide.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Tim in WI
Posted 4/24/2012 08:34 (#2351507 - in reply to #2351482)
Subject: Re: Sixth grader commits suicide.

Embarrass WI

livinthedream - 4/24/2012 07:10 corporal punishment is a quick , easy way to get immediate compliance from young children, doesn't seem to work well in the long run. Its too easy for it to get out of control . To say that the problem with children today is that we didn't hit them enough when they were younger doesn't sound right to me. maybe we didn't love them enough? IMO there is a terrible problem with bullying in the schools, always has been, the kids learn to bully in the home, it all goes back to the parents , and that's us.

It is a responsible parents job to not let it get out of control. If you are going to spank your kid, it needs to be seen as discipline, not a result of anger. Hitting them because you are mad is not a good idea. I believe in spanking, but you only need to hit hard enough to hurt their pride. Our kids knew beyond a doubt that I would not hesitate to spank them if they had it coming, and I never had to.

What the kids need to learn in the home is The Golden Rule. Respect for others as a reflection of respect for yourself will never go out of style. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)