AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sixth grader commits suicide.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Alberta Pioneer
Posted 4/24/2012 05:31 (#2351348 - in reply to #2351116)
Subject: Re: Sixth grader commits suicide.

Warburg, AB
My brother (now 18) got suspended in Grade 11, about 1.5 years ago. A kid told him to F*@# off. He said you F*@# off right back. The kid then proceeded to reach over and poke him and continue annoying him. Finally, the kid said "come on, hit me. Hit me!" So, more than willing to oblige, my brother punched him in the face. Got 1 day suspension, the vice principal had to bite his tongue when my brother told him he was merely filling a request.

Perhaps I'm only perpetuating the cycle, but I told my brother if you're going to get in trouble, make it worth while. Why sucker punch to the stomach when you can give him something to remember he's and ass, the school system doesn't understand discipline any more.

I'm only 5 years older, but I remember dad dragging me out to the barn, his belt in his other hand. That scares you something awful when it's going beyond outside and out to the barn. Can't say that I turned out too bad from it, and you're damn right my someday kids will learn it. I'll also teach them that it hurts me more than it hurts them, and in another 30 years time they'll understand that too. Nowadays that's supposedly not acceptable. Parents expect other parents and friends and teachers to parent for them.

Bruce
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)