AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

prolapse
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

cousinit
Posted 3/1/2012 14:12 (#2261294 - in reply to #2259953)
Subject: Re: prolapse

Kaukauna WI
ccjersey, I thought so. Why don't you come up here and be my vet. LOL. Our vet is going through some rough times right now, just lost his wife to colon cancer that spread to her liver. She was only 55. I hope he is not watching this forum. I have to tell you a story......this is probably pretty unprofessional but it is kinda funny, too. Last week we had a cow, pg 6 months, good cow, maybe 5 or 6 years old. She all of a sudden wasn't eating the best but eating some. Ears slightly cold. Eyes looked great. No cud chewing. No temp. Manure a little stuff and not much of it. This happened on a Monday. Wednesday is herd health so we waited till then. Had him check her. He said OMG her heart sounds awful. Better stand back in case she falls dead on you. Ship her tomorrow. We didn't want to hear that being she is 6 mos pg and a good sound cow. But she had no drugs so we were going to ship her tomorrow. Next morning she was chewing her cud. So being a Thursday we gave her one more day. She ate all Thursday and continued chewing cud. Ears got warm. I think she just had a gutache for a few days. We never shipped her. The next Wednesday we told the vet that the cow got better. He was like, "good!". I am thinking, we almost shipped a good cow on account of you! Medicine is an art, not a science.

Edited by cousinit 3/1/2012 14:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)