AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need help with 800 cyclo.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Myze
Posted 4/4/2010 21:28 (#1150148 - in reply to #1149548)
Subject: Re: Need help with 800 cyclo.

Kansas
Sorry, I accidently posted my reply below Torque. Didn't mean to get out of order!!...

I'm pretty sure 2+2 & Torque nailed with the pressure call! When I 1st got my IHC 800 & hooked it to my J.D. 4020, I experienced the same problem intermittently along with the row markers not switching. If I hit the hydraulic lever again sometimes it would switch the row marker lights, & sometimes it wouldn't. I ended up turning in my pressure relief valve on my hydraulic pump, & the problem went away. Before I turned up the pressure, one trick I used in the field was to back up while holding the hydraulic lever in. The soft ground pushing against the wheels & the tractor pusing against the hitch provided enough assistance to the hydraulics to raise the planter far enough. It was a real pain, but when your trying to finish a field you have to get creative.... You might want to try that trick with a couple of blocks behind the wheels, & see it switches allowing the planter to go back down. If it does, then you definately have a pressure problem.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)