AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need help with 800 cyclo.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

redhunter
Posted 4/3/2010 19:11 (#1148678)
Subject: Need help with 800 cyclo.

Owensville, MO
I upgraded from my 800 4RN plate planter to a 800 8RN cyclo this year and I can't get the raise and lower to work right. I don't know much about this system as the raise and lower cylinders are tied in with the hydraulic markers. I'll list what it is doing and hopefully someone knows what my problem is.
The planter was sitting in the raised position when I bought it but lowered onto the transport stops. When I got it home I hooked the hydraulics to the tractor and pulled the lever to raise it up. It only raised maybe 1/8 of an inch and stopped. I took out the stops and tried to lower it. It would not lower or raise at this point. When I pulled the lever in either direction you could see the hoses connected to the tractor pressurize and hear the pull on the engine but nothing would move. I put the stops back in and parked it for the day.
This morning I thought I would try hooking the marker control box up to see if that was my problem. After hooking that up and checking that I had power at the plug under the seed hopper I tried to raise up the planter. Control box switch was in the automatic position. It raise to the fully raised position. I took out the cylinder stops and lowered it. It lowered all the way and pulled the inside two wheels off the ground. I raised it back up and it would not go all the way up. It stopped short of fully raised and you could hear the tractor pull down as if you deaded out a cylinder. I unpinned the markers and tried to lower it again. it would not lower but the marker went down. Tried to raise it and the marker came up but planter would not move. I could move the marker up and down over and over at that point but it would not move the planter at all. pushed the switch to advance and it did the exact same thing except with the opposite marker. move the switch to OFF position and then the planter would lower but not all the way. would go down until just after the units hit the ground and then stop and pull on the motor like it was deaded out again. raised it back up and would not go all the way up. tried to lower it and it would not move. hoses would pressurize in either direction but planter would not move. switched it to Automatic and the markers would go up and down with the lever but no planter movement. Switch it back to OFF and the planter would go down, but not all the way and then back up, but not all the way, and then lock up again with no movement. the only way I could get it to move was to switch it to Auto and then back to OFF and it would go down and back up but only one cycle and then it would lock up again until I moved the switch. If I unhooked the power wire to the box and then hooked it back up it would go all the way down, pulling the inside tires off the ground, and then back up but stopped short of being fully raised. Then it was locked again until I moved the switch.

I'm completely stumped and I don't have a book for it. Can you guys save me yet again?

Thanks

Joe
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)