AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Need help with 800 cyclo.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

trakman
Posted 4/4/2010 11:49 (#1149548 - in reply to #1148678)
Subject: Re: Need help with 800 cyclo.

Central Kansas
My 800 was obnoxious enough that I believe that it will only work with my tractor(4440). First time I hooked it to the tractor, the markers wouldn't come down. Found out that you can only run it on the No2 outlet. That fixed that and then came across the problem that if it was fully loaded with seed and fertilizer, it would only go down about 80% of the programed height. If it was fully loaded, when about 20% of the product was used, then it would work right. Fought that for many years by not fully loading the planter and discovered one time when fully loaded by accident that if you let it down a couple of inches and raise it again, then try to lower again, it would then go to it preset height, again probably something to do with my tractor. Then if any of you remember the problem that developed 2 years ago ( markers worked fine for the first 45 minutes of running and then when the oil gets hot, they would not fall), another tractor problem. In fact had to plant one field using a helper on a ATV to go to the other end of the field and when I'd turn around, he would have to pull the marker down. After many days of running and trying various things, FINALLY found the problem...................when the oil would get hot, something with the rock-shaft control would start leaking and spray oil throughout the rear end case(verified that by removing the inspection plug and shining a flashlight in the area of the rock-shaft control valve) Got that fixed and ever since then, it's worked flawlessly.....................but don't think I'd chance pulling this electrical nightmare with any other tractor!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)