AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pioneer vrs dekalb
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

isuagstud
Posted 12/13/2009 00:29 (#963390 - in reply to #963220)
Subject: Re: pioneer vrs dekalb

Colo, IA
ZarateSeedServ - 12/12/2009 22:25

Pioneer had a serious standability issue around my area this year. Dekalb had serious diplodia issues..... I wouldnt plant either.... Look more towards Syngenta products... Syngenta also has better pricing options and it will get you out from under big "M's" umbrella... Pioneer has to use Monsanto's RR gene... Syngenta has their own glyfosate trait. Yeild on Syngenta products, namely Garst, yield as good or better than D or P and have a better disease package....

That is the exact opposite of the results in my area. Had a customer today up his Dekalb order with me because his Garst corn was wetter than my Dekalb corn by 1.5%, his test weight was 51 pounds with the Garst (compared to 57 pounds with my Dekalb) and the Garst was 8 bushels less. Prior to harvest he had place an order with his Garst dealer. Called today before I came and canceled his Garst and order more from me. I sell for Dekalb but have raised parent seed for Garst and Syngenta for 10 years. Wish Garst would be doing better because I want them to succeed. But they are really dropping the ball in central Iowa as of late.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)