AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

funeral lunches, what does your church do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Green Tradition
Posted 9/7/2009 17:30 (#838338 - in reply to #838315)
Subject: Re: funeral lunches, what does your church do?

At our church, we do a lunch/dinner of Pulled beef { I fix in the crock pot. to be used as a hot sandwich or just a meat} and a spiral ham { with this they can make a sand or just use as a meat} I usually have a nice dinner roll that can be used for a sandwich, if they want a sand. I put out BBG sauce or mustard for a sand and let them fix what they want. The other ladies bring vegetable, salad or dessert. I can also put on a crackpot of seasoned green beans to go with the meal. On the vegetables we use, potato salad, pasta salad, scalloped potatoes or mac and cheese. For salads we use, layered salad, vegetable salad { kind of like a 3 bean but with peas and corn , that really goes over good} slaw's, fruit salad, or grapes and watermelon. Relish trays or fruit trays go well. And we always have a variety of cakes or pies, and we have even used cookies. If we have a really large funeral, we have asked another church in the community to help us and we have returned the favor for them. We usually ask the family what they would want, and if they want sandwiches, I just put out all of the fixings and let them make their own. We used to try and make sandwiches at home, but we had to many problems. We are getting fewer in no. and this seems to work for us now at this time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)