AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wood burning fire places?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

SamT
Posted 11/26/2022 21:13 (#9951498 - in reply to #9951294)
Subject: RE: Wood burning fire places?

Texas
You’d want an insert or wood burning stove for sure. Regular open fireplace is horribly inefficient and I was always scared it would pop out and burn the place. My insert is a 30 year old earth stove, I’m sure a new one would be much more efficient.

The wood makes a big mess. That’s really the only con, but sometimes wife will mess with fireplace and let smoke in the house adding wood. (Can’t follow simple directions)

Ash is great for your garden. But it’s a big mess and I burnt a new dumpster one night dumping ash in it that happened to have a few coals in it after 10 days.

The design of my house makes the living room like 80 and it prevents the furnace from kicking on and warming bed rooms. I like to sleep cold, but wife doesn’t. It saved our bacon during the Texas snowpocolips couple years ago. It was comfortable in our living room and we kinda had a fun time.
I’m burning a mulberry tree out of the front yard right now. Pretty junky wood, but the tree needs to go and should make a cord and a half or more by the time I cut it all up.

(4C897FD7-B361-43A6-A241-CA243A23577A (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 4C897FD7-B361-43A6-A241-CA243A23577A (full).jpeg (130KB - 59 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)