AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steiger panther clutch adjustment
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Shimmy1
Posted 5/15/2022 14:57 (#9661554 - in reply to #9661500)
Subject: RE: Steiger panther clutch adjustment

Central ND
Mav - 5/15/2022 14:00

We have two conditions that we are trying to set. Let's call the first A which will be yoke/bearing pad running clearance. The other is B, witch will be effective transmission braking. External linkage adjustment affects both the A & B conditions. Furthermore, an adjustment of the internal ring only affects condition A.

Conversely, If we were to do the A adjustment first, it will no doubt get inadvertently changed when doing the B adjustment. Is that making sense?

Mav

I appreciate your willingness to debate this, and I agree with your point that you are technically covering all the bases, albeit running around backwards. These clutches are designed to operate with the release bearing a specific distance from the input bearing retainer, and everything else in the system is based on that distance being correct. The dimension "A" that you refer to is technically not a adjusted dimension, as you said it varies between 1/8 and 1/4". I understand the point you are trying to make about when you adjust for "B", you are going to change "A", and you are technically correct, but only because your "B" is not what you should be adjusting for. You start with making the distance between the release bearing and the input bearing right, and when you adjust "B", your "A" measurement will be within spec. If it's not, then there are obvious linkage issues that need to be addressed, and any deviation from the proper procedure is just putting a bandaid on a bigger problem.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)