AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The UAW is digging their grave.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jd43
Posted 10/13/2021 18:58 (#9267328 - in reply to #9267129)
Subject: RE: The UAW is digging their grave.

Northeastern Pa.
I've had 3 pipelines run through our farm. Union workers on all three. The one service tech. sat in his truck below my shop for over a month. I only saw him service 1 machine the whole time. Cat did all the rest of the service work almost every day. No way on earth would I pay a service tech. $40 an hour to set in his truck 95% of the time.
An excavator sat in front of the shop with an operator in it for 2 weeks. He never moved through that time. When he did he covered 200' of pipe and another crew came in and covered the rest. Again no way I'd pay an operator to set on his butt and do nothing. So the snap shot I got for 2 years was union workers can't do anything but what they are "married to" instead of doing other work while waiting.
Back to P&G. The company always pitted us against the other paper plants for least case cost. Our non-union plant beat the other union plants hands down 80%+ of the 24 years I was there. Why -simple no lines drawn on the floor. We worked were needed and it never hurt any of us. That alone made our skill level higher giving us the ability to run high converting line efficiencies.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)