AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The UAW is digging their grave.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jd43
Posted 10/13/2021 08:58 (#9266414 - in reply to #9266343)
Subject: RE: The UAW is digging their grave.

Northeastern Pa.
I worked for a non -union P&G paper plant out of high school and left in 97'. The union tried to get in at least 3x and gave up in in the 80's. P&G's starting rate right now with no -experience needed is $25. and hour. Yes benefits went soft around the time I left but was still better than anything around. The work was in a climate controlled environment with a variation of shift work. They are currently looking for 200+ workers and can't get them or keep them. We had union contractors work along side of us on many projects and I liked the workers but it was a pain in the butt to even have them turn a 1/4" bolt out if it wasn't in their job description. Take a drive through Pa. and see how our roads are since we went to union labor. "I'll hold the shovel but it's your job to fill the pot hole".
I truly believe todays workforce has too high expectations of work and their way of life.
I also believe that our nation is at a turning point of being way way too dependent on China and others. This is a dangerous position to be in. Why on earth did we ever even start doing business with a communist country. Quick answer- greed.
I can't believe anyone would go on strike at this time in our country for any reason. Upheaval is the way of life now I guess.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)