AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The UAW is digging their grave.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

hibernian
Posted 10/13/2021 06:45 (#9266174 - in reply to #9266115)
Subject: RE: The UAW is digging their grave.

Northeast Maine/Southern New Hampshire.
nwpa93 - 10/13/2021 05:49

With all of the supply chain issues were are having in this country, I do not see Deere using this as a reason to move production over seas. Yes, several parts are made over seas, but it is because they are made over seas we are having issues getting them. If they were made in the US of A we would not have as many issues getting them. If the jobs do leave the country they will go to Mexico. Their labor is cheap, but they do not do the best work. You get much better work here and you do not have to worry about supply chain disturbances.

Japan produces excavators for Deere already. That is where Hitachi is located and until recently, Hitachi built Deere's excavators. I do not know if they are assembled in the States or not though.

Unions are just worried about their members getting railroaded by their employer. I work in a union shop for a major company and I am glad I do have someone there to protect me from the company. We get messed with even with the protection layer. I have talked to some old timers that had their pay cut by 3 dollars an hour, decreased medical coverage, and had the match on their 401K disappear all because a contract fell through (this happened around 2008) when they worked in a non-union shop. The Union is there to help prevent that. At the end of the day it is the dollar signs that will determine whether or not the company will pack their bags, but the costs are very different in Asia or South of the boarder. You get what you pay for, and there is much more risk working in those countries (especially China at the moment) Will the union bosses and members be in the soup kitchen line? Possibly, but it was not because they wanted an extra dollar a hour or decent health coverage. It is usually because the company had their mind set before they entered the room for negotiations.

That $3.00 an hour cut was the reality of the economic climate in 2008/2009.

I was cut over 4.00 /hr, furloughed without pay for 2 weeks and some other "adjustments " made to my compensation.

What it did do was this:

When I was furloughed I could not collect until the second week.

I got a huge bale of papers to collect with.

This old Irish Fama would rather work than do paperwork .

Somebody offered to have me come in and repair some of his machinery during one of the furloughed weeks.

This was on the side of course, never stopped since,millions of revenue dollars later we are still going hard!

I am not against the idea of a union, I did belong to one at my first job in the USA.

A bunch of jack donkeys unfortunately!

Edited by hibernian 10/13/2021 06:51
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)