AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The UAW is digging their grave.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

brudno
Posted 10/13/2021 16:41 (#9267129 - in reply to #9267062)
Subject: RE: The UAW is digging their grave.

SC WI
Doesn’t work that way in big construction your being obtuse if you think it does to many hurdles, huge retaining fees, equipment etc makes farming look cheap to get into. Your not going to hire skilled lineman off Glassdoor.com that’s probably why union lineman a hundred union companies and a few thousand union line went into Louisiana on hurricane made 3-4 times more than the non-union side and we actually stayed longer because we were safer and got more done.

Again like I’ve mentioned before it’s a by product of most people associating non-skilled union labor with actual journeyman skilled labor. We earn our keep out here or you get fired or layed off..there’s no tenure or any bull**** just your name. In this world we’re basically all independent contractors that have agreements set up depending on where you go in the country that basically set the minimums we get paid and minimum contributions paid out.

The hole insurance thing probably surprises me more that anyone would think that..is there actually jobs out there that prohibits people from doing stuff like farming? I take off as long as I want typically two months in the spring, month in the fall and another month or two throughout the year, don’t get paid while I’m off but grain farming ain’t really a 12 months a year job anyways.

Edited by brudno 10/13/2021 16:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)