AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Shoulders
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

boog
Posted 3/7/2021 11:16 (#8878137 - in reply to #8857716)
Subject: RE: Shoulders

I had rotator cuff surgery in 2017, 5 anchors installed, torn bicep& had to have the librium (sp?) shaved. My PT, said it was the worse rotator cuff tear she had seen. She was surprised they didn't replace the shoulder because of the severity. Said I would need shoulder replacement within 5 years. Last 3 months I've started having pain at night, sleeping. Pillow under the arm helps as it prevents the shoulder from pulling down as I lay on my side.

PT did say that rotator cuff surgery is one of the hardest recuperation there is. I got to the point I dreaded going to therapy. Some of the worst pain I've ever experienced. Took 6 months of pt and another 6 months to begin to feel normal. She also told me that shoulder replacement recovery took only 1/2 the time & isnt near as painful.. Had knee replacement in Jan 2020, therapy was a breeze compared to the other.

Will add, while I was doing rotator cuff stherapy there was a mid aged lady doing therapy for a frozen shoulder because she had let shoulder damage go to long. Therapy wasn't successful so she had replacement. My wife has seen her around town & has talked to her, Lady says her only regret was that she didn't have surgery sooner. I also know a couple guys that have had shoulder replacement & are getting along fine. I figure the way things are going I'll have to have it within a couple years.

Edited by boog 3/7/2021 11:23
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)