AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any unintended starter test plot results out there?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 2/11/2019 08:23 (#7312890 - in reply to #7312704)
Subject: RE: Any unintended starter test plot results out there?

WC Mn/Dakotas
No not butthurt at all. "All I HAVE TO DO" ....who,for you? What do i get out of it? How i manage the whole farm here in wc mn and how someone in mo does may vary. Although i do know some pretty progressive ones that do use popups down there. And i asked why very quickly. "Because i am planting early like you do up north"

Quite honestly popups at first glance DO NOT PAY directly! But, it is an insurance plan until the soil reaches proper temps. Some years that is a week, other years it takes 6 weeks. Im not going to take that risk. We dont have the window to replant and do as good as someone just a few miles further south in mn.

Next I have a very progressive fertility PLAN for max roi and directly influencing this years crop. Not that you cant grow as good of crops flat rating a year in advance (or a year behind) however you want to look at it. Its just i can be much more $ efficient and better minimize mother natures negative effects. So with that said, popup is part of a total nutrient plan, its not just an added expense. Here we have found what products and at what rates work or which ones are often too risky and may cause as much harm as good. We have found efficiencies in placement. So essentially, we can wisely purchase a product that is far from the "cheapest per gallon to buy" and it makes us money. So i can't just shut popup off and simply show you a yield map. It doesnt work that essily.

I, dont do this by myself either. I, am just one part of a team. I agree with pva post.

Then lastly you can buy the best of everything, but that doesnt guarantee that you execute it exactly like the next guy. That's the part i dont get. I do something and post it. Maybe you get something out of it, maybe your interested enough because we are like minded enough that you make contact "offline". If you dont why bother berating it. If you are willing to try to figure out how you can adapt it to fit you, why do i have to do more work for you when its clear your not going to return the "favor"?

It isnt hard to put a littke elec pump a a line to a row or two and try it fir yourself for $100 (or a few). You dont need a $15k system like we run
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)