AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

just got a sunday morning call from crop insurance guy.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

ndred
Posted 10/29/2012 09:24 (#2666804 - in reply to #2666627)
Subject: RE: just got a sunday morning call from crop insurance guy.

s nd
I think I have to soften my blow to the adj seeing he was calling a cell phone. Maybe he figured if he got an answer the guy was available. If the phone was off, he got a voice-mail. Still, it says he wanted to measure right away that morning, that is pushing it. I turn my cell off when I'm not available, now. Don't need every weather notification or e-mail message dinging me. They'll find me if it's important. I do have land line, some don't. Lots of different thoughts I see, and rightfully so. Plowboy, how many times have you called an ad at seven thirty sunday morning? Sounds like you have a bunch more stuff going on than farming, so you might be available 24/7. When most of us are home inside, everyone else from the farm is too. Common sense comes into play here too. I protect my downtimne just a little more than I did when I was younger. Being on a couple boards, we were at the mercy of a six hour board meeting the first rainy evening that comes along. Thirty and single, and farming for anywhere from ten to twenty days at a stretch, my first thought went to going up town for a beer and a break. But he left us alone during the plantable days, so to the meeting. Course, who can blame the adjuster when he sees tractors going on sunday morning, or baseball games being played that early all summer. To some, it's just another day. No one has the same work schedule, so putting a few parameters around some of the things we do, gives everyone a more even playing field.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)