AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

anyone take b12 shots?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John SD
Posted 6/30/2012 17:04 (#2458767 - in reply to #2458092)
Subject: RE: anyone take b12 shots?

I had an elderly neighbor who was on B12 shots for a long time. He was thin as a rail. I assumed it was because like many senior folks, he didn't eat much in the first place.

I also was unaware of the metformin connection to B12 until reading your post. I take 1000mg metformin twice daily. My legs sure don't "stand up" like they should anymore. They just "play out" sometimes and I have to sit down. I also take 5 mg glyburide twice daily. This is the max for oral medication for diabetes. The next step is insulin.

I have attributed this weakness of my legs to lack of exercise and my problems with fluid retention. My legs and feet hurt when they swell with fluid. They ache when the fluid goes down. This was a constant battle for me all winter. This spring Dr finally got me on to the right combination and dose of diuretic pills and I have lost over 30 lbs in the last month. The nurses weighed me in at 212 lbs last month and this month 191 lbs. I can't express how much difference it makes just getting rid of that extra fluid.

I have recently started taking a multivitamin which includes 200% daily RDA of B12. Now I'm thinking I should get them to check my B12 level in my next lab work.

Edited by John SD 6/30/2012 17:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)