AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Urban Encroachment Not Important/Existent
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

corndawg23
Posted 3/2/2021 10:17 (#8867872)
Subject: Urban Encroachment Not Important/Existent

Bluford, Illinois
So, I am currently sitting in my Ag Sales class, and the teacher brought up a question regarding "prospect" or "prospecting". He asked why it is important, and why so many companies lose customers each year. One student raised his hand and said more competition/better prices. Then a student said because smaller farms are selling out, and being bought out by bigger farms; or selling ground to development projects. He said that enroachment isn't a big deal. I raised my hand and said "Urban Encroachment is a big deal, you mean.. right?" He proceeded to say, "no, it's not" and proceeded with the class. I politely raised my hand and was going to ask him why he didn't feel like it was a big deal, but he didn't acknowledge my hand.

I guess my question is, is that not a problem?? According to America's Farmland Trust, on average 2,000 acres, a day is taken out of production. That's a major issue, or at least in my eyes, it is. What do you guys think??

This isn't the first time I or other students have disagreed with his opinion.. but he simply refuses to be wrong. That is a big pet peeve for me. If you disagree... let's have a discussion about it don't just refuse to tell me why you think the way you do, after telling me I'm wrong.

Edited by corndawg23 3/2/2021 11:21
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)