AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Urban Encroachment Not Important/Existent
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

towman2000
Posted 3/2/2021 10:46 (#8867923 - in reply to #8867872)
Subject: RE: Urban Encroachment Not Important/Existent

SouthCentral WI
Well, my first thought is that the teacher wants to stay on target (subject) and not go down the many rabbit holes that any discussion brings.
Second thought, perhaps he is a poor teacher, who doesn't want to be challenged.
Third, it is my experience that if you want good grades and to be accepted by those around you, never question any of their beliefs. My problem, of course, is that I can never follow my experience.

While most people will agree with the statement "they have an open mind" very few want to hear anything but agreement of their thoughts. Look up confirmed bias.

In conclusion, the reason for your teacher doing what he does are as many and varied as the people who teach. He may not even realize it himself. If you brought it to his attention, he would probably deny it. Not for nefarious reasons. Simply, he doesn't even know his own truth.

It's kind of like this thread. Do you want to discuss land use issues or teacher issues? Obviously each issue is independent of the other and yet here we are on the same thread.

Many followers and lurkers of this forum know exactly who I am. I do not make any of my comments in obscurity. Those folks know the battle I raised locally about land use issues. However now....... I just don't care. Put a house on every corner. Put a commercial business on a dead end township road. I did my battles and now if anyone cares, they can take it on.

Towman

Edited by towman2000 3/2/2021 11:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)