AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Knee pain
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/18/2021 08:36 (#8760736)
Subject: Knee pain

Pittsburg, Kansas
I have not had knee pain for a long time. Anyone who follows my threads on diet from about a year and a half ago would have read that when I went to a low carb and no vegetable oil diet my arthritis and specifically knee pain went away shortly thereafter.

Well I woke up to both knees hurting this morning. Not bad, but hurting. On a scale of 0 to 10 with 10 being excruciating and 0 no pain at all I would say right knee 2 and left knee 3. Nothing serious but definitely noticable.

I'm thinking, that is just weird. I did absolutely nothing yesterday that would have injured my knees.

Then I thought about what I ate. Had dinner with friends and since they are not keto wife made the meal with a little more carbs and sugar than we would normally eat. I had about a cup or potatoes and carrots. Have not eaten potatoes in I don't know how long. And had some cheesecake that she sweetened with honey that my slice would have been sweetened with a little over a teaspoon of honey. And I had about a handful of blueberries later when I got home. So considerably more carbs, sugar and fructose than I am used to.

Checked my blood sugar a couple hours after and it was 155. Ten to 15 higher than I would normally expect with the way I usually eat, but I was very happy with the reading considering what I had ate. For non-diabetecs anything under 160 after a meal is considered pretty good. I am on no diabetic drugs and no exogenous insulin so 155 was a good reading for a diabetic for what I ate.

Yet I woke up this morning with sore knees......................hmmmmmm.

Coincidence?

I think not.

John

Edit: forgot to add. I had a tiny amount of soybean oil in some commercially prepared pesto sauce. Normally wife makes her own but this time she grabbed a jar off the grocery store shelf and did not notice it has soybean oil till got home with it. Oh well, it is "just a little". Don't know if that had an effect also.

I'm pretty sure what I eat makes a difference in how I feel.

Edited by John Burns 1/18/2021 08:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)