AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Knee pain
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

J_Wagfrm
Posted 1/19/2021 10:08 (#8763610 - in reply to #8760736)
Subject: RE: Knee pain

South Western Michigan
Good morning John, as others always state the information you provide here has been very helpful to me. I am only 31 but have been heavy my whole life, diagnosed with lupus at 28 and have been generally hard on my body. I used to carry knee braces, ankle braces and elbow braces in my work truck as it was common to have to throw one on in the middle of the day. I haven't had to wear one in a year or so now. Inspired by your posts about a year and half ago I started my low carb diet and lost 70 pounds over about 8 months. For some reason last fall I fell off the wagon and gained back about 35 pounds. At the first of this year I decided that I had to start loosing again. I have managed to drop around 17 pounds in two weeks with strict diet changes.

I'm sure you covered this before but my question to you is your thoughts on alcohol consumption? I used to drink my fare share of beers which I obviously know is heavy in sugars and carbs. I am what I consider a social drinker as I don't often drink alone. To be low carb I have switched to a decent quality bourbon on the rocks as I'm under the impression that this should be carb free. It seems as though I've read something from you in the past about alcohol in general affecting the low carb diet???

I have concluded that the net carb math does not work for me as I seem to have more trouble losing weight if I sneak in a "low carb" tortilla with my breakfast than if I just go for it and eat a good old fashioned processed flour tortilla.

Sorry for the run on post but your thoughts on the subject hold water with me. Thanks for any input!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)