AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Knee pain
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 1/19/2021 09:44 (#8763540 - in reply to #8763290)
Subject: RE: Knee pain

Pittsburg, Kansas
Yes I am back this morning with the pain gone in the right knee and the left almost gone. This is the beginning of the second day after the sugar/starch/oil/nightshade consumption. Not sure which of those or just the inflamation potential of all three together ganging up is the culprit.

I like to have a little "bump" in my carbs once every month or two just to keep my metabolic machinery on its toes. Just like if a person consumes carbs 24/7 it can keep insulin high all the time and cause insulin resistance where the insulin receptors are not working properly, I think staying in ketosis constantly can lead to less metabolic flexibility where a sudden "load" of carbs can cause a blood sugar spike because the pancreas has kind of went to sleep and become lazy (only putting out its basal rate) from lack of work. From what I have read it only takes a meal or two to get it back on board so to speak, but long term extremely low carb can make it lazy.

So I don't mind boosting the carbs up just a little once in a while. I don't go way overboard or anything, just a little higher than normal. I try to save those times for when we eat out with friends or where I might be in a situation where it is difficult to stay "clean" anyway.

It has not given me a problem in the past. Only this time. But I did have a combo of things I usually don't eat any more.

At some point in the future I may try the same combo just to see if I get the same result. Then try eliminating one at a time to find the culprit. Or it may just be the combination and volume.

John

Edited by John Burns 1/19/2021 09:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)