AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wreckless school bus drivers !!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 2/9/2019 10:05 (#7308609 - in reply to #7306435)
Subject: RE: Wreckless school bus drivers !!!!

NC Iowa

you, being a former transportation director and license examiner should be able to read the situation and make logical conclusions. there is also due process to terminate a driver. this is to make sure that someone with a grudge doesn't set them up. you comment about the driver 'looking for a new job' without due process makes you look like the type of td that could cost a district some money in legal fees.

someone mentioned the holes in the bus wheels are not blurred. this would seem to indicate the bus was traveling slow, as it would take a very fast shutter speed of maybe 1/1000 of a second, to freeze the motion in a photo. i am not sure what a phone in capable of, but could be relevant.

the driveway he was turning in to looks fairly steep. he never replied back about his speed at time, but i would think it was very slow, considering the upcoming turn. there are no time stamps on the pictures, but in the two photos, there are about 15 tire treads between them. at 8" per tread that means he traveled about 7 feet between the photos. it is very possible he was nearly stopped in the traveled portion of the road. at that same time, the bus traveled farther, but certainly not the high rate of speed, as stated. he also didn't mention if he had his turn signal on indicating a right turn. there are a lot of judgement calls in driving a bus, and i think all aspects of this incident should be looked into before making a blanket judgement.

going by some of the op's comments, "prosecuted for child endangerment then public hanging", personally confronting the driver, taking kids out of district, he seems to have previous issues with the school and driver. i have been a part time substitute bus driver for 14 years under 4 TD's, so i do have experience in situations that can come up. my td's have all been very professional, fair and committed to safe transportation too. they would follow the process to get the statements of all involved. they would never throw the driver under the bus, based only on the op's statements.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)