AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wreckless school bus drivers !!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sri
Posted 2/5/2019 17:19 (#7299107 - in reply to #7298177)
Subject: RE: Wreckless school bus drivers !!!!

nw pa
martin - 2/5/2019 09:17

No. I don't remember that incident. How many years ago was it?  Was are the details?

The question that went thru my mind as I read thru the Drivers Manual... is the Drivers Manual based completely on the law?  Are there driving practices or habits that are legal that are not spelled out in the Drivers Manual?  For example, you mentioned passing anytime you have 500 feet of sight clearance.  I found nothing at all like that in the drivers manual.  I would hope that the Drivers Manual would be complete, and based on statues. However, maybe I am wrong and it is not.  Maybe it is a manual of "Best Practices", and not what is legal.

???

check this link

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/all-warrior-070204-story.html

I haven't found the bus accident that triggered my memory but did find this.

In some states, it is not against the law to overtake vehicles in the presence of solid yellow lines if it is safe to do so. For example, Vermont State Law also allows passing across the double yellow line when no traffic is on the opposing side,[citation needed] however, one must pass quickly and return to the proper side.[14] Pennsylvania does permit passing on double yellow lines when not also posted with "Do Not Pass" signage.[15][16] However, this is unusual as most states have a ban on crossing a double yellow line except when turning, when passing pedestrians or bicycles, or if an obstruction in the road makes it necessary. Overtaking another vehicle across a solid yellow line is usually considered a serious traffic violation in most states.[1

Edited by sri 2/5/2019 17:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)