AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wreckless school bus drivers !!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

sri
Posted 2/5/2019 08:33 (#7298081 - in reply to #7298042)
Subject: RE: Wreckless school bus drivers !!!!

nw pa
martin - 2/5/2019 08:20

My initial reaction:  a) you are on a slow moving vehicle; and b) I thought there appeared to be ample sight distance to allow passing a slow moving vehicle.

About 2 years ago, I down-loaded a copy of the Drivers Manual for my state (PA).  Yesterday, after reading this thread, I went to that Drivers Manual to see what it said.  I found 2 items pertaining to this situation:

1) you are not allowed to pass on a solid yellow line

2) you are not allowed to pass within 100 feet of a bridge. 

Looking at that pic, I'd say you are getting pretty close to being within 100 feet of that bridge, maybe more or maybe less, but it is getting pretty close.

I did not read anything about passing slow moving vehicles.

I did not read anything about passing vehicles going half the speed of the posted speed limit.

I'd have to say that some of the comments about what is allowable and not allowable are not based on what the law says.

Ag6553, I think there were 2 good suggestions made in this thread. If you have a problem with what the buses did, a) take the picture to the Transportation Director at your school district and let them deal with it; or b) take the picture to the police and let them deal with it. 

And then I would drop it. If either of these groups don't press the issue, then you probably don't have a legitimate case. 

Do you remember the two buses involved in and accident a few years ago near penn state. One bus was passing the other on a double yellow. Looked clearly that the bus passing was guilty.. That is when I heard that passing on yellow was not illegal.. Probably can look up the dynamics of it
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)